Monday, January 30, 2012

Weather makes it better

The weather has been unseasonably amazing for January actually back in December too!
This weather means more opportunity to get a run in. I was able to run 2 miles yesterday and then 2 miles today. My 500 mile goal is now at 487.5 miles left. I am a little down on my average because fitting in a workout has been rather hard lately. No excuses though...I realize that my averages will up when I am able to get up and do a morning run or an evening run when the days get longer.

My diet has been better than before but not great. I still like my cheat meals. Especially when I'm hormonal...yes, I said it. Hormonal. This drives me want to eat everything in sight and no energy to do anything. Ugh...

Overall, I haven't lost any weight but I also haven't gained any.
What I can see most change in about myself are my strength and abilities. I am an easily defeated person, but I also have learned this is a mind issue. My mind is my biggest alley and my greatest enemy. If I feed my mind with negative music, words, thoughts, food then that is exactly the outcome I will have. If I feed my mind with positive messages, music, words, food, and exercise...then outcome is success. My small goals turn into big ones and my big goals turn into monumental things I thought I would NEVER do. Quite honestly, I love to make goals now, they don't scare me nor do the intimidate me.

Here's my next small goals:

  • No pop for the ENTIRE WEEK which is easy except that was my "cheat" treat so, no pop even as a treat
  • MORE WATER...I am the worst about drinking water. But, I love lemon water. So, I bought some lemons and this is my motivation to drink more
There are things in this world worth living for...food, pop, and sweets are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment